Anthropology is the study of humankind throughout space and time; as such, the field of anthropology brings together the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences to explore the full range of diversity in the human past, human biology, and social life practices. The UCCS Department of Anthropology offers a robust undergraduate education in the study of the human experience. Our teaching is rooted in the traditional four field approach to anthropology.
Archaeology - the study of material culture of people's of the past; Biological - concentrates on the relationships between culture and biology in the lives of humans and our evolutionary relatives; Cultural - explores patterns of belief and behavior in contemporary and historical cultures around the world; Linguistic - addresses both the formal complexity of linguistic systems and the role they play in regulating and negotiating social life.
Incorporating an expansive perspective on human culture that incorporates a wide range of theoretical and methodological approaches, this program provides multiple opportunities for fieldwork and research experience and prepares students to attend top graduate schools or to aspire to careers in anthropology, museums, CRM archaeology, the arts, business, and a variety of professions and service agencies.
- * Archeologist
- * Public Health Educator
- Cultural Resource Management
- * Documentary filmmaker
- Information / Marketing Researcher
- * International Law
- Human Rights / Social Justice Advocate
- Park Ranger
- Environmental & Social Impact Assessor
- Social Worker
- Historical Preservation / Archivist / Curator
*May require additional education or certification
- 2016 Annual median salary for Anthropologists and Archaeologists is $65,170; employment is expected to grow 34% by 2024.
- 2016 Annual median salary for Marketing Researcher is $64,670; employment is expected to grow 46% by 2024.
- 2016 Annual median salary for Health Educators is $52,110; employment is expected to grow 31% by 2024.
- 2016 Annual median salary for Social & Community Managers is $70,570; employment is expected to grow 27% by 2024.
For More Information
T. Rowe Price Career and Innovation Center